Pre-Kindergarten (PK) and Kindergarten Roundup
Registration for Franklin Parish School PK and Kindergarten students for the 2023 - 2024 school year will be conducted online. You will register your child for the school for which you are zoned, depending on the address in which your child resides.
Online PK and Kindergarten will begin on Wednesday, March 15, 2023, and will extend until the beginning of the 2023-2024 school year. To enter PK, a child must be 4 years old by September 30, 2023, and a kindergarten student must be 5 years old by September 30, 2023. No child will be registered prior to online registration.
Students completing PK at a Franklin Parish school or the Franklin Parish Head Start in the 2022-23 school year will not be required to register again for a 2023-24 kindergarten class unless they have changed residence. However, ALL KINDERGARTEN STUDENTS must have an up-to-date immunization record on file prior to the beginning of school, whether your child was at Head Start in the 2022-23 school year or not.
To enroll a student, the parent/guardian will be required to log in to www.fpsb.us
to complete the registration online and provide the following documents:
- Two (2) Proofs of Residence (911): P.O. Box numbers will not be accepted as Proof of Residence.
- Birth certificate for each child being registered
- Social Security card for each child being registered
- Up-to-date immunization record. Immunization records must be up-to-date as of the registration date. Students requiring additional immunizations between registration and the beginning of school must receive their shots and provide the up-to-date record before the student will be allowed to attend school. THIS IS STATE LAW. Registration will not be complete until all documents have been provided.
- Custody papers, if applicable.
PK students with completed registrations will be admitted to the class in the order that completed registrations are received. PK is limited to no more than 20 students per class. If more than 20 students for one class are enrolled during registration, the student will be placed on the waiting list.
If the class enrollment drops below 20 students, students on the waiting list will be notified of vacancies in PK classes in the order they were placed on the waiting list. Incomplete registrations will not be placed on the waiting list until all documentation is complete. “P.O. Box numbers” will not be accepted as Proof of Residence.
For more information about registration, please contact Mrs. Jana Thomas or Mrs. Brandi Price in the Federal Programs Department at (318) 435-9046